My experience in Imo State by Beevan Magoni

According to a blog reader who is currently serving in Imo State, Nigeria.

I’m serving in Imo State and you expect me not to write about the Eastern feel-at least, Imo State? Na lie… here I go, things you should know about Imo State…

1. Every restaurant or eatery sells fufu. Fufu every where, in the morning, afternoon and night!

2. Every food has okporokpo fish. Rice, soup, stew, yam, shawarmama, even if it is boiled groundnut, you will find that kind of fish inside.
3. Vegetables everywhere… My first meal in a restaurant was fufu and bitter-leaf soup. I love bitter-leaf and was lucky to find one made just the way I love me thing. Along the way while eating, I saw a dead cockroach inside it. I swear to God I shoved it aside and finished the food. For your infr, I ate in that restaurant this afternoon.
4. Butts, butts, butts… butts everywhere! The girls in this town are fire. If you think you have seen girls or if you love girls, come to Imo State. I’ve heard of Calabar but have not been there so I give it to Imo guys-butts everywhere.
5. Things are f**king expensive in this town from tooth pick to whatever…
6. Flourishing industries are hotels (I wonder who sleeps in them!), Keke Napep riding industry, Casket manufacturing (I was shocked to find most of the carpenters and interior designers all make caskets), banking industry and the fashion world abi na industry that one too be?
7. According to the Medical Director, Synapse Services Resource Centre, Dr. Vincent Udenze, one in every  four Nigerians is living with one form of mental disorder or another but in Imo State, there are mad people yoh… mad people choke this republic and I mean to ask “why?”
8. Majority have the Igbo accent and it sucks!
9. Police men collect bribe here die… Jesus, I’ve been traveling from Lagos to Abuja and Abuja to KD-Northward, been a while I see them Olokpa boys collecting roja.
10. They hate what the governor Rochas Okorocha is doing but I swear it some of the structures in this small town need to be pulled down to make it a city…
Just my opinion sha…
11. Even if you are going to your bathroom, you’d have to pass through Wetheral Road or Douglas to show you how small the place!
Above all, I’m trying to stay positive in this town and it’s not that bad for me…
I miss Owerri esp Concorde Hotel. Lived there for about two years. Who agrees with him?

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner